Tuesday, August 25, 2009

509. GRESHAM'S LAW (the 'Music' Industry)

GRESHAM'S LAW
(the 'Music' industry)
"Gresham's Law set to music makes me wince.
Just what we need - another whiny Jewish singer
with no real life experience strumming away on a
lame guitar about all his wants and feelings. Isn't it about
time we upturned those tables and did away with
the noise? The undertone of need and the squirming
array of guilt and desire? Jeez (I can say that)
I'm so tired of all that. If Bad drives out Good,
as it most certainly does, (and forget the money)
then we're all in line for a doozy.
-
It's those with the blinders on who claim to
see the most : 'my heart, my love, my
aching feelings and needs.' Oh, stuff it
and alter the simple chords. Or at
least learn to play music first that you
can read - a mathematical premise,
a march towards a solvable pattern,
a progression of notes on a
colorful scale. We all can't be
let's say, Scriabin."

No comments: