Tuesday, August 11, 2009

493. IT IS ALL BEYOND ME

IT IS ALL BEYOND ME
As each night I fall by the wayside and
only you are there, so too I awake distant
and starry-eyed from places I'd only dare
imagine : the farthest rim of stars and planets,
the place where the Heavens touch; a grand and
circular profusion of wonderment and possibility.
Sometimes, I swear, I awake only to say 'it is all
too much.' Earth has its moments and places
and things - the hard boiled-ridges of both
dirt and doubt, with rock and water and
fire and heat. Everything mixed, some
crazed elixir to stir, some ribald
concoction to eat.
-
I look at the distant skies and
notice the motion and curve :
a planet of possibilities at
each starry turn. Beneath all
of that, assured of only
myself, I know I have
so much to learn.
-
But still it is all beyond me.
It is all yet so far away.

No comments: