Tuesday, August 18, 2009

499. LOVE LOVE LOVE WHAT ARE YOU MAKING?

LOVE LOVE LOVE
WHAT ARE YOU MAKING?

It's all travail and effort, some sturdy
work where the tall beams stand. It wasn't
easy to construct this edifice, and now I
dare you to say it's not real. Authentic are the
accolades in my attic - high and high-strung
together. It was never easy becoming what I am
- the two-fisted hammock master, the painter of
ridiculed edges, the counter-snark with this
twisted, soiled dictionary. On that ledge nearby,
see that man about to jump? His name is Henry Coates,
and you've really led him on. Like Billy Pepper (my
rural mailman once) you drive the same sad route
each day...entice, pull back, entice again. And Laugh.
My God, it's the laugh that kills them. It's the
laugh that gets them every time.

No comments: