Thursday, October 20, 2011

3296. LAYOUT

LAYOUT
This garb is what we wear, the blue frothy
coat, the red buttons, the lame glimmer-scarf
and the hat. On stage, it comes out very colorful
after they first tint the lights. The way they
want them. The way I never see. The way
it's been. It's hard looking out when
you're outside looking in.
-
Some then call me distant, others call me
gay, while others simply say 'weird wide
and on the way.' I take it all; as if on a Hallmark
Hallmark card from Hell, I can read the funny
lines and cry no matter. Shake my hand,
God-damn, and it comes off in yours.
Your joke will be my loss.
-
And now, for the ten-millionth-hundredth time,
the same old raging bastards are calling it
Halloween. Pagan-festive-fire-fest, soldiers
of the dim and dark dance naked 'round
oil-barrel fires at Washington and 12th.
Yes, yes, I was there for many. And the
Wolfman turning back and forth again:
wolf, man, man, wolf, wolf, man, man, wolf.
-
We never got drunk beneath the broad, full moon.

No comments: