Sunday, October 2, 2011

3273. WALKING ON THE MOONLIGHT NOT IN IT

WALKING ON THE
MOONLIGHT NOT IN IT

This is the circumstance : what one man wants
is what another avoids. Crystal bright and as
clear as glass, the fir trees seem to stand still
as light from the moon comes to them. I walk
between things, two worlds apart; neither in
nor of the place I am. Strange, how that
silent singularity marks a life.
-
I was raised in a place of wolves; red men
doing white things, white men falling back.
Beneath five hundred skies, I traveled
with wings of gauze 'midst azure skies.
The rocks and stones beneath me,
they each called out my name.
-
Epochs of time and eons of purpose.
I waltzed hills and valleys, danced
voluble dinosaur steps, ran fiery
sabre-toothed tigers in my racing.
My days were numbered and caught
by starlight and solar flares, brilliant
moments of flash and glory.

No comments: