Friday, September 9, 2011

3254. DON'T THINK OF YOURSELF AS PART OF THE COWLING

DON'T THINK OF YOURSELF
AS PART OF THE COWLING

(such a little place indeed)

Adagio this, adagio that -
it seems ten things at once
demand their certain forms
of modest attraction. How many
need you select? I can stand at
attention for nothing, you understand,
(and your head was on your hat,
now how backwards was that)?
-
If lethargy had a song, you would
be it. Instead, it swoons. I hear the
cropper come undone, the long bird's
sobriquet on such a cylindrical theme
as this. I find myself repeating and
misspelling, both single things double
at the very same time. Perhaps only
the morning will save me. Hold my
hand one more time, be a
companion, dear, for life.
-
I do awake as the sky comes open;
I read my mind in the stars. All
this! All this! And such a
little place indeed.

No comments: