Friday, August 26, 2011

3244. HIDING

HIDING
(Her Yellow Car Door)
Needle-tip Wilbur Point Tommy
Makem blues - I got them all in
force, I got them by ones and twos.
Some idle girl, I watched her, slamming
shut the yellow car door. Intense attack,
prodigious movement, and energy too.
Her every move was massive.
Her movement rippled
out into the air.
-
How we misplace all we do -
so often things we think
of seeing turn out to be not at all
what we sought. A turning leaf,
a decided thought, so much distance,
so much place. And then all that which
is, taking life of its own, meanders on
with what memory it may.
We stand idly by.
-
The misshapen barque of fools : a tidy
craft, riding rising seas, sullen and
swank. All those hands, waving,
and the white linen kerchiefs, I
see, now flying through the air.
So much turns out to be not
what we sought. I went to hide
(so as as not to be caught).

No comments: