Sunday, August 14, 2011

3232. YOUR RAPIER-LIKE ENTRENCHMENT

YOUR RAPIER-LIKE
ENTRENCHMENT

(H)as kept me stranded in place. Unmovable,
like an object of marble, abject and alone. Each
chiseled marking on my face bears its meaning.
They now come by just to read my expressions.
-
I parlay this monstrous allusion into so
many other things : a fearsome loyalty, a
coarse allegiance, a slowly and triangular
reference to my Godless self. I am that
which has come before, and (yes) yes it
was Marcus Aurelius who said : 'Live life
as if already dead.' How many shades
of darkness, then, are there?
-
Live on, oh heedless one : carrier of
death-rays, slinger of spears, chaser
of carrion and plier of Death. Step
lightly over those piles of the
doomed before you. They will
see you, they will hear, but they
shall never answer back.

No comments: