Friday, August 5, 2011

3223. NATIVE MUENSTER

NATIVE MUENSTER
Down from my native Muenster
the Millicent Fenwick engage; that
pipe-smoking curl of a ravaged face,
wrinkled and wet and raw, and the
lemonade server near where the dog
sits. Native grounds? Oh I say, no
coffee today. It's, by contrast, a
wonderful window bears watching;
(from Regensburg to Wittenberg,
seems all the Gods are throwing bolts).
-
I awoke without a start, so slowly and
lazily too that it was all I could do not
to think of you. Once, a long, long time
ago, we'd somehow left the light on, and
your clothes were everywhere. Now?
Never mind the matter like a banknote -
dollars or coins or metal. I tried hard
to listen to nothing at all, but - outside
the window - that Spanish guy with his
forthright tongue, again, was laughing,
again. I hate that happy tone.

No comments: