Thursday, May 5, 2011

3072. 'WE ARE A LITTLE EARLY' (how things appear)

'WE ARE A LITTLE EARLY'
(how things appear)
All things appear : unfold and
then (of course) appear to unfold
just as well again. I am your raincoat.
I am your brother Henry. Mark well
and list all the contents twice :
marble marble, loaf, loaf,
bye, bye.
-
It is too tiring to uplift my arms.
Heaven too wields its stick. I come
forth otherwise undone and unknowing,
unwise and unseen. The falling moon
is all I have seen - and - yet contrite,
I travel the windswept roads, otherwise
each without vapor except the cloud of
my breath. In such an early morning
tactile I note each blade of grass wearing
each its bead of dew - a gemstone effusion
like the brutal touch of a gentle God, or,
perforce as much, the gentle touch of
a brutal God, I know not which.
-
The way in which I see you?
No, to Hell with all that. Lime-cast,
slime-coated, ground-crawling weasel,
remember that song : the ship, the
black freighter, Pirate Jenny, and you.
-
Remaining perpetually intransitive,
a portable heirloom handed down by
a pioneer, a slave-girl drama, my
sermon of the unconscious...it is
all these things, and more, how
all the world appears.

No comments: