Wednesday, May 4, 2011

3067. STRAITJACKET

STRAITJACKET
This straitjacket begins hurting only as the arms
enclose me and it enfolds me like a travel plan.
The creased paper retains its itinerary - all those
things I must follow. The being here and the being
there. I am, right now, in fact, walking the dead-end.
-
Fallow fields lie short before me. No corn stalks
grow, and my hands are bartered already away :
traded off for the things of the mind. That rapt
and circumstantial bird, that evidence of creation's
only growth, has taken root within me. That is
what I feel, and still my arms are somehow tied.
-
Alas, as a spirit soars so do I; but to no real
effect nor gain. I know neither the language
nor the end of all these people's words : those
tongues so engaged, those reams and reams
of idle verbs. Supplication little matters.
This straitjacket has me tight.

No comments: