Thursday, October 1, 2009

557. THE LIGHT OF ANOTHER DAY (Miranda)

THE LIGHT OF
ANOTHER DAY
(Miranda)
These endless square miles of plinth are killing me :
listen to that man talk boy he can talk he never
shuts up and it's only 6am before the light
actualizes before the room ends spinning before
whatever I'm supposed to do is even materialized.
Two rogue dogs from the driver's kennel have
taken to licking each other, or something, and they
stretch to bend in a contortion I only can
see in a half-light of the morningtide and then the
cute little votive Spanish girl once more steps
off her morning train from Elizabeth and waves
to me as I watch her walk away - in a red colored
Fall jacket she bedazzles with sway. I'm thinking of
some President or another, speaking off-the-cuff
from some pediment along the Shasta range - the
usual crap about preserving our natural beauty and
wonder. Yeah, I think I know what he meant.
The world is a sorrowful, dog-licking place and
the only beauty that comes around is when you
can find it in the face of another warm and pleasant
human being. I am watching her walk away.
I am watching her walk away, and the
light isn't even up yet, the light
of another day.

No comments: