Sunday, July 19, 2009

472. AS IF ALL OF ANOTHER LIFETIME

AS IF ALL OF
ANOTHER LIFETIME

My bonafide incidentals could never compensate
for the places you've gone : hammerhead sharks
'midst the logorrhea of doubt and desire,
storm-front passages and pages of fire.
Barcelona, Madrid and Mauritania too.
('that girl from Mauritania, I love her with a
mania'). All those shoes, and so well-polished.
-
I took a vacation in my mind, and let it all
blow away : into pages of clouds and dust,
with the blue sky breaking. I watched all the
moons and planets of my soul's imagining
linger until they were spent. I made love
under untold seasons with women I'd
only heard of. I ticketed the skies
with my own brands of fire.
-
It went on this way for (what seemed like)
eons - time, at that level, turns to a
watery film and just slips between
the fingers. Yes, just slips between
the fingers...as if all of
another lifetime.

No comments: