Thursday, July 16, 2009

469. CHRIST THE STONE THAT SMITES THE IMAGE

CHRIST THE STONE
THAT SMITES THE IMAGE

I wasn't sure of any of this :
I'd read that phrase in a little book,
handed out by Man, or a man I
mistook for one, as if the one
could equal the many (or aren't
we all one race?). It said I 'COULD
be saved' but 'only by God's Grace' -
acceptable enough, as it went.
I sat down some more, to see if
this meant something special or
particular for me. It said 'Christ was a
Man in a hurry; He always spoke fast
and was always on His way - never staying,
never to tarry' - (in fact, I figured, never
to marry). I took a moment to gaze at the
sky - any clouds in the shape of some God,
a cross, a special shaft of light (perhaps
spelling 'Gary'). I saw nothing, stood up and,
sort in a hurry of my own, went along on my way.

No comments: