Thursday, April 30, 2009

347. THE CHEVROLET AT LAHIERE'S

THE CHEVROLET
AT LAHIERE'S
Now what's that doing here? It's parked along the
street, right across from the coffee shop, with no
real reason to be there. No one drives that stuff
anymore, especially not here. No entitlement baby,
this; it sits there instead both leaning and rusting.
Bad paint, bad tires. A broken antenna, and the
outside mirror dangles. If I didn't know better,
I'd say it sagged on its suspension too.
-
People try not to look - they'd rather just
walk by. Even those two Alumni-type
codgers, snickering as they pass.
'That is not a BMW, and I
bet it goes through gas.'
-
On the other hand, for myself,
I was able to see the connection:
French food at Lahiere's, and an
old French name in Chevrolet.
Everything else should
be so simple.

No comments: