Sunday, September 13, 2009

533. THE HANDS OF MICHAEL FRIDLY

THE HANDS OF
MICHAEL FRIDLY
I saw the hands of Michael Fridly as they
were digging dirt with a spoon. A few feet deep,
he thought, would do the trick; 'I have these
memories to bury.' He said that, looking back,
to where the monstrous elm tree, still deep in life,
spreads its spangly branches overhead. A few
gracious squirrels cavorted for space, and they
tripped both up and down that giant trunk.
Michael was nonplussed by all - 'there's only one
thing I need to do and I'm doing it.' Dedicated to
devotion, managing to get it done.
-
As if an angel had descended, a new strange
light was present - casting bright powers on
leaf and on limb. Michael kept digging, with his
silly spoon. The more his head was down, the more
his face would frown. 'But Michael,' I said, 'look
up now and then. A wonderful light is around.'

No comments: