Sunday, November 23, 2008

97. MADDIE

MADDIE
Someone named Maddie is ruining my life -
saying things about me, taking out my garbage,
replacing objects I may have lost, moving things
around to where I can no longer find them,
replacing treasured objects with junk, eating from
my plates, and uncovering things I've hidden.
-
I do not know who this individual is, God or Goddess,
chump or slob, nasty fool or someone thinking
they're helping, but I want it stopped. This thing
called Maddie is but an interference, where I
need it not. Leaving traces after itself, I see it
smokes, loses hair, had muddy feet, and is
partial to juices and sweets. Maddie separates
things from where they were last seen.
-
A bother and a nuisance I would call it.
Whatever it is, ruling and relegating,
marking my calendar, waiting for Easter,
trimming buds off flowers, I just wish it
cease this activity. I am, after all, old
enough to look after myself.
-
Someone named Maddie is ruling my life.

No comments: