Saturday, November 1, 2008

71. LEIPZIG TO LEYDEN

LEIPZIG TO LEYDEN
(rotten, doddering)
An amiable dialogue to be sure:
something like catching the oasis on the fly,
muttering obscenities into the mirror to be
sure someone hears them, or writing profuse
regrets for invitations which never arrived.
Amidst all this roddering noise, I managed to
both stay alert and understand every word I heard.
It became like a nightmare should be : all perverse
imagery and damning intent. I looked down from the
high clouds I was flying amidst - countries beneath me
with borders only resembling fences and bodies of blue
water as rigidly round as an ocean of sarcasm would be.
Germany into Poland into Russia and back: a real trip,
a real magnificent trip, taken on with nerves of steel
and a smile.

No comments: