Sunday, September 28, 2008

4. CITY CEMETERY

CITY CEMETERY
I wonder is it correct to say: 'Rather than sleep,
I would die.' Being out of time, I will say it
anyway. There are just not that many moments left for
me to squander that which I have done with the paling reverie
of a constant and steady sleep. Dreams are nice, but life is
better. I would rather be active than sleeping.
There are far too many stories - the horrors and
indiscretions that cause death. Hit and run drivers,
fleecing the moment with a drunken speed and leaving bodies
behind which splatter and twitch. Swift in pursuit, the others
who chase...But for what? It's all over in a while anyway.
Time is but a logic filled with both grief and doubt - twisted
up and set on its ear. We miss the point by caring. There is no end -
As there was no beginning.

No comments: