Tuesday, April 12, 2011

3039. I'M TAKING A BEATING BY TAKING THIS RISK

I'M TAKING A BEATING
BY TALKING THIS RISK
Your long, supple Hedgemont looks good underfoot.
I soil the shally for the times to come : in outlandish
scenes where the bed-whacker lies. Two red birdhouses,
and a cage for whatever comes by. I've taken these
interests into consideration, and also I've understood
the procedures : the names and the colors, the bricks
and the mortar - both, you see, of some equal
importance. And now, as the raw day arises, a sunlight
of yellow-blue awakens my hope. Fervid desires for you,
ideas to kindle in full view of whichever crowd will
amble by. And, just now, some silly guy in his red
Mustang convertible pulls into the lot at too much of
a speed and then runs out for his donut and drink.
Yes, I could have stolen that car twice in the time
it took him to pay for his stuff. No more than that,
'stuff', was it worth; junk words for junky food.
How's that, Mr. red low-boy mid-life crisis
Mustang dude? I'm so over you. I'm so settled
and rude. He backs out, looking straight ahead.

No comments: