Sunday, April 10, 2011

3034. I YET DON'T SEE

I YET DON'T SEE
I don't want to make a rude remark or leave a
posting in the dark but all this really should
come as no surprise, why not? It isn't as if
I've killed an eagle or speared a native or
anything like that. Instead, with a particular
ease, I've painted meadows with my dreams
and tinted skies with shades of lighter blue.
It's just my way - seeing things lightly, with
a different hue. I just can't walk off angry.
-
Is that, or can it be, ever enough for you?
A wise man runs and hides ahead of the
danger he sees - I think I've read that
right - and, by contrast, someone like me,
apparently, just walks in from behind on a
broadly covered field of trouble and danger
and angst. A dandelion field, so heavily
populated as it might be.
-
With all these eyes, I still cannot see.
With all these eyes, I yet don't see.

No comments: