Tuesday, January 26, 2010

708. SHE MIGHT BE CHINESE

SHE MIGHT BE CHINESE
She might be Chinese, I can't tell.
The way she holds the hammer is awesome.
The manner by which she makes her points,
the words and the gestures, seem the same -
though perhaps vaguely a bit too European.
Nothing much to be gained from asking,
so I'll just let it go. Enjoyment, nonetheless.
-
I ask the King, and he says he knows.
'Put her hands on her hips,' he said,
and see how she moves.' Whatever that
was meant to impart, it didn't follow through.
Leave it to some mixed-ass King to not speak
precisely, let's say, clearly. But then, that's
what 'King' is all about. Someone gets your
water and someone gives you the fork -
so what practical knowledge can you get?
-
I'd never criticize like that directly.
His options include, of course,
chopping my head, or the dungeon.
Place of slaves. The dung-heap of a
life-in-prison. I'll leave it to Him to
ask this lady where she's from.
On balance, he can have her forever,
whereas I'd probably never see her again.

No comments: