Sunday, November 22, 2009

624. OUTSIDE THE PALE TREE

OUTSIDE THE PALE TREE
Outside the pale tree that is Life,
sojourner, exists so much more.
You should enter that long hallway
with me. We can go forward, prancing
and playful or sour and dire, exactly as
you may wish. To me, it would not matter.
I have been both before, and know this
passage well, by heart. For me, there
would be no Dark.
-
I am an errant eraser, to you.
I could negate or detract or
diminish or subtract everything
from you of what you are. With
me, it is all that quick and sudden.
Life could end in an instant, but,
you must believe me, it would
be my instant for sure. There
would be no more.
-
Contradiction? You may say,
but it does not matter. First
I say there is so much more,
and then I cancel that, to say
there would be no more.
Take it either way, my friend.
One or both, you will endure.

No comments: