Sunday, May 1, 2016

8118. I HAVE THESE NOTES

I HAVE THESE NOTES
Custer's army has a better chance than
me to get by  -  I've never had anything
but chances gone bad. The foundation
matter of my own life was an intrepid
softness scheduled by prayer, getting
nothing my way at all. Some people
have their dogs and money. I have a
dog. Some people are wired for steel
and glitter. I got the wayward look of
that old guy at home. I can walk every
street in this Lik-M-Aid city and find
nothing but a cadaverous wreck, or some
girl in a slip trying to sell me something
slick. Frank O'Hara hearing aids, or
Chinese linemen hoses for wetting down
another sidewalk; mental time and
telepathy too. I have these notes,
and they're all for you. Read them
while we dine, or eat them while we
read. Anything you want. 
Anything you need.

No comments: