Friday, July 25, 2014

5615. EARLY MORNING AUTO DE FA

EARLY MORNING 
AUTO DE FA
Oh shit too soon for this : I crawled from bed
for the banana man to see or be seen? The early
morning set-up beckons. How he lines the fruit,
and how all those people come swarming over. 
I've seen, I swear, a hundred young ladies on the
way to the office buying bananas one at a time.
-
What reckoning then is any of this : all truth be
told we always stand alone. Some sluice-pipe
coffee vagrants, yes, they're still around but fewer 
and far between  -  as if some new Columbus has
came and upon departing taken then all away. He
brings them back home in ship-hold, to parade as
natives before some Ferdinand and Isabella of his
own devise. Jeez, I wish I was sick-in-the-head again.
-
Oh damn. I can pray all I wish to the highest of Heavens, 
but all the words fall flat, and the banana man gets the girls.

No comments: